What is Harmony? Harmony is the French version of Feng Shui. Harmony is the practice of combining color, scale, shape, and style so that the items in your home are harmonious. The goal of Harmony is to create an environment that uplifts your spirit.
Over the next few posts we’ll go over each aspects of Harmony.
The first step of the process is to assess the need in the room. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself when determining the room’s need:
- How many people will use the room?
- Will this room be used for entertaining? If so, how many people?
- What is your style? (Classical, Traditional, Contemporary, Eclectic)
- What are your favorite colors?
- Are you incorporating existing furniture/pieces or are you starting from scratch?
- Give a few examples of your favorite artwork.
By going through this process of “need,” you can determine what furniture is needed and move on to the next step, which is determining “color.”